First, I had an appointment to get some paperwork taken care of. I was talking to the 60-year old lady helping me who meant very well, but didn't use her brain before speaking. We were talking about kids and I told her I was pregnant with my 3rd. First, she asked me if it was planned (rude comment #1). Then she told me that she would have recommended me waiting at least another 6 months to get pregnant with #3. Umm, thanks? What exactly are you supposed to say to that? Oops, my bad! Or ok, let me get rid of this one, wait a little longer and try again? I mean, really?? Tell me if I am crazy people!
Then at Costco, while in line, there was a grandma with her grandson in the line next to us. He was shrieking at the top of his lungs and throwing a fit so she gives him a quarter. No biggie. Then this little boy (I swear he wasn't even 2 yet) "shows" my 15-month old his quarter (it really looked like he was trying to hand it to him) so of course, Damon does what any NORMAL kid would do and takes it. You should have seen this grandma's reaction. Her eyes got huge and she said, "Ay, no!" and literally snatched that quarter right away from my son. She then proceeded to tell her grandson to put his quarter in his pocket and quickly. Really? Because my 15-month old thief might come back for it, right? Ugh.
Then of course to top it all off, as I was leaving Costco, some special guy had to pull out right in front of me so I had to slam on my brakes even though he was at a stop sign and I wasn't so I had the right of way.
Just one of THOSE days. Please tell me I'm not crazy... or tell me if I am. I really need to know.
5 comments:
Yuck Yuck Yuck!!!! Seriously some old people, can be so unsensative. I get looks from them daily, as if they have never gone through parenthood. People are just odd. I find that out more, and more!! Especially with kids
You're not crazy. We all have those horrible days with stupid people.
I had no idea you were pregnant again, soooooooooooo, CONGRATS!
Oh, and by the way, we were eating out today and some weird girls (2 in like their mid to late 20s) acted as though Peyton was some sort of insect or bug and wouldnt touch her and put their hands up to avoid her and asked me to hold her so they could walk by. Then she said, I am worry I will hurt 'it' or something.
Oh my gosh Amanda, this seems like me everyday! haha I feel like such a grump all of the time. But the worst is when I venture out to go grocery shopping or something. And about the old lady comment, my sister one time was in a bathroom and she was changing her adopted son's diaper. Some how it came up that he was adopted and she said, "My grand daughter can't get pregnant either. What's wrong with you girls any ways?" Um seriously?! Old people just have no tack at all!!
Post a Comment