
So you've heard of someone who is an "over-sharer" right? You know, someone who shares way more information than you ever needed to know (I admit, sometimes that can be me).
Well, my 2 1/2-year old would be what I call an "over-asker". She asks permission waaaay more than should be allowed. For example, if I am eating popcorn and she wants some, she will ask if she can have some (good!). But then she asks again before every bite she takes from me (not-so-good!). Even when I tell her she doesn't have to ask again, she still does.
She also still does not get out of bed without me coming to get her. She can get out of her bed by herself, that's not the problem. The problem is she apparently needs permission. This is a good thing because I am not having to worry about her getting in and out of her bed all night instead of sleeping... but bad when I am in the middle of something and I have to physically go tell her it's ok to get out of bed now.
She also asks permission several times. "Mommy, can I go upstairs and play in my kitchen?" I tell her of course.... and then on her way she asks me 3 more times, just to make sure I haven't changed my mind apparently.
Do you know anyone who is an "over-asker" like my daughter? Or how about an over-sharer?
3 comments:
ahahahaha how cute (but sometimes frustrating)!
Kaelyn does the same thing- especially with getting out of bed! At least we can say our daughters are obedient, right???
Natalie does that too! She always asks me "Is it OK to jump?" "Is it OK to play?" The worst is that she won't go potty without telling me first. So sometimes I will be busy with something and she will be hopping all around trying to tell me she needs to use the potty instead of just going! She asks asks permission for everything! But I figure, its better to be an over-asker than an under-asker.
Post a Comment