Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Cha Cha


There is a free* mobile/web service called Cha Cha. You text Cha Cha from your cell phone and ask any question. For example: I asked Cha Cha "Who does the voiceovers for the Verizon Wireless commercials?" Answer: "John Krasinski!". (I knew I recognized that sexy voice!) Simply text your question to 242-242! One time I also was out and about with my hubby and we wanted to know if Living Spaces was still open, so I texted Cha Cha and got the phone number and found out they were in fact open!

Basically, it's like a free 411...with limits. You can also text special codes such as JOKE and get a funny joke sent to your phone! Give it a try!

*The service is free only for the first few questions you ask within a certain time period. I'm not exactly sure the number of questions you get within a certain time period, but Cha Cha will warn you when you are out of free questions and you simply have to wait to ask for a couple of days. Standard text messaging rates do apply.

So Cha Cha works for me! For more tips, check out We Are THAT Family!

4 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

Wow! There are so many things out there on the www! Thank you for sharing.

Kristi said...

There is another google text service that is completely free that will give you definitions, weather, sports, directions, phone and address listing, movie times, and many others things. You text to 46645 (google without the e) the commands are slightly different but it works similarly.

Kerr Family said...

I have never heard of cha cha. Thanks for the info!

Jenny @ Another Jennifer Speaks said...

great post. :) thanks for sharing.