Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Horvath Household Rule #17 and #18

Rule #17: ALWAYS check on the kids, especially when they are quiet.

You may find them like this: But most likely you will find them doing this:
(that's mommy's eyeliner scribbled so nicely on the bathroom door!)
Rule #18: Messes will be cleaned up by the person who created them in the first place

4 comments:

bridget {bake at 350} said...

How FUNNY! Love this post!

Kerr Family said...

Yes, #18 is a definite! Lucky it was only eyeliner. Kora got ahold of a black crayon while I was cooking dinner one night. When I went to check on them there wasn't a surface that hadn't been colored on. Every slat on the verticle blind had squiggles. The walls....pillows....every slat on Mylie's crib, their little table and chair set, dresser. I forced her to help me clean (crying the whole time) but I ultimately had to repaint all the walls. Fortunately I got it off everything else. Seriously, I was cooking 10 minutes. I am amazed at what she accomplished in 10 minutes.

Jill Duncan said...

Too funny!So how many household rules do you guys actually have???

Kurt+Amy said...

LOL!! As soon as I scrolled down to the first pic of the "wall art" I busted up laughing. Her face in that pic is priceless!! "Yes I did this...NO I'm not sorry, mean Mommy for punishing me." ;)
Hilarious! Hey you heard my drawing story and have seen first hand my many incidents of wall art. Luckily your stories not like Emmitts first "wall art" story with the black sharpe! Hopefully this isn't the first of many, although I'm afraid that's inevitable.