Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Small Things

This is a crazy week for me. As a result, I've been a blogging slacker and have nothing to blog about today...except that it's been a crazy week, and will continue to be a crazy week. We are currently working on cleaning, painting, packing and in other ways readying our new house to be ready for the big move this weekend. I'm very anxious to have it done and I can't wait to unveil my new home to you all.

With as much progress as we have made, there is still a lot to do. I am so very grateful for my wonderful family of in-laws that are helping with this process. I know for a fact there is no way we could accomplish this without them.

I've also been working on a very personal issue that I've been harboring some resentment about. As I've been scrubbing baseboards and windows, I've had a lot of time to think. And what I think is that I need to let it go. Don't sweat the small things. In retrospect, this was a very small thing I took too personally and also took it way out of proportion. I have learned I need to simply let it go.

I'm very excited for this big change in our lives, but also very sad, scared, nervous, etc. It's a mixed bag of emotions. So if I cry when I'm supposed to laugh, or laugh when I'm supposed to cry this week, please understand and forgive me. After all, it's only a small thing.

3 comments:

Adri said...

Moving is a very hard thing! As if being physically exhausted wasn't enough, you have to say goodbye to so much and brace yourself for whatever new things life throws at you. Good job on letting go of whatever it was, and good luck with the move! Can't wait to see your new place with everything moved in!

Kerr Family said...

moving is a very big deal. Any type of change in life can be stressful....and a move is certainly a HUGE change. Things will work out perfectly and things as you know it will slow down and life will return to normal....a new normal...but normal none the less. Enjoy! Relax! and yes, don't sweat the small stuff! If I can do anything for you this week, please let me know. I would love to help relieve some of your stress.

Jenny said...

Hi. I was just surfing around some blogs, and I came across yours. It's pretty nifty and I'm really enjoying my stay here. I've bookmarked your site for daily visits, and I hope you'll visit me. I'd love to have you. :) Have a great day and I'll see you around the blogosphere. :)