Friday, January 20, 2012

Slacker

Who's a slacker? Why, that would be me. No updates since October? Really, Amanda? Oy vey.

I blame part of it on the holidays. Everything seems to go by in the blink of an eye around that time. I blame the rest on being pregnant. In fact, that's something I don't even think I have posted on this blog yet. Yes, I am currently 24 1/2 weeks pregnant with baby bundle of joy #3.

I also turned the big 2-5 this past Wednesday. Other than that, we have just been living and loving and enjoying life. I am a horrible picture taker anymore, but I'm working on it.

I didn't make any crazy new years resolution to post everyday or anything, but I feel like I can't just abandon this thing completely! So I will just try to do better and pick up wherever I'm at when I do!

SO I will start with today. Today I played the part of the human pin cushion and seat filler at the doctor's office. Why, you ask? Because today I had to take the 3-hour glucose tolerance test. Yesterday I took the 1-hour and was told my blood sugar was a bit high. So today I got up nice and early (since I had to be fasting from food and water for around 8 hours beforehand, I figured that was the best time to try to do it) and got the sugar party started. 3 and 3/4 hours and 4 needle pokes later, I was free. I also got my lab results super quick and everything was normal. For that, I am definitely grateful (but my arms tell me otherwise).

All in all, life is good. Just trying to come to terms with the fact that I will soon have 3 children and apparently no sanity left.




Photobucket

1 comment:

Kerr Family said...

I don't know about you but when I am pregnant I am super tired and don't feel like doing anything. When I was pregnant pretty much everything got neglected because I was just too tired and lazy to do them. They include blogging, house work, and even walking. You aren't a slacker, you are just pregnant (as you said) that in and of itself is a perfect excuse...along with being a busy mom of 2 kids.

Glad you passed your glucose test. Seriously, one sucky thing about being pregnant is you find yourself being a human pin cushion a lot.