I remember being a new mom and freaking out about every little thing. I am a major control freak, but with kids, I have learned that there is so much that you can't control no matter how hard you try. It's been so good for me to have children and learn to let things go a little!
One thing I have a very hard time with are messes. I can't stand major messiness! Peyton was always a pretty un-messy eater but Damon has been a whole different story. So instead of stressing about it all the time, I have gotten a lot better at just letting it go.
In this video, we were at John's Incredible Pizza while my family was visiting just over a week ago. I had to share for a couple of reasons:
1. Damon, as much of a challenge as he is sometimes, is SO DANG CUTE. The first few seconds of the video are my favorite because he thought I was taking his picture and he was totally cheesing it up!
2. This was his first time being able to hold his own ice cream cone. He is HUGE into doing things himself (it's started so early with him!) and he was so happy to just be able to control it.
3. This is my blog and I share what I want!
4. Did I mention how stinkin' cute he is?
P.S. The chapstick incident was a true story that happened yesterday. It was my favorite mint chapstick alright? Don't judge me.
3 comments:
Yes, it's your blog and you can share what you want. Cute video. I love Damon's cute smiles. He's so cute.
Chapstick incident...embarrasing to admit but I used to eat chapstick. Gross, I know but when you're a kid you don't think of what you're doing, only that it tastes good. So, I don't freak out when my kids do it, just think to my self, "nasty". I hide my chapsticks for that very reason but they still find them. My kids like to put it all over their faces instead of just on their lips so that's another reason I have to hide it. Yeah, my kids are weird :)
Laura always asks for 'lips' and I tell her I forgot to put the chapstick in my purse so I don't have to share with her!
One of your posts was about jobs and when should kids have them. I thought about that for a while and 2 months ago started Laura unloading the silverware from the dishwasher. I tell her that is "her job" and she got mad at Joel one day for doing her job! Thanks for the good advice!
Omg that video just put a huge smile on my face! So stinkin cute!
Post a Comment