Yes, it's true. My baby boy is officially a year old!! Where in the world has this year gone? I swear it was just yesterday my water broke everywhere and I was making frantic phone calls!
Damon had his doctor's appointment today and here are his official stats:
He is 2 feet 7.25 inches (he's grown almost 10 full inches in a year!)
He weighs 23 lbs. 3.5 oz (14 lbs. 7.5 oz in a year!)
Damon is crawling like a champ. He is a super fast crawler and has even made it completely up the stairs a couple times before I could catch him! He also loves to stand up and cruise around furniture. He can walk as long as someone is supporting him (or with his little toy walker) but can't stand alone by himself yet (which I am totally fine with). He has his two bottom teeth in and is currently getting all 4 top front teeth in!
Damon loves to get into EVERYTHING! His favorite things to play with are the remote and my cell phone. His favorite REAL toy is probably any kind of ball. He can throw it to you and he even can make baskets! He loves to give big, sloppy open-mouthed kisses which are so cute (but so wet!) He definitely has a bit of a temper on him! If he's not getting his way, he will let you know it! He is not a fan of dogs or grass or getting dirty.
Damon can wave, give high fives, clap, play peek-a-boo, say "mama" and "dada", and can say more in sign language. He knows a lot of the things that I say and he definitely can make it known when he wants something. He loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, juice, bananas and most any kind of cereal.
Damon has definitely been a challenge, but a wonderful one at that! He keeps me on my toes and helps me to appreciate the small things in life. I love my little man and am so grateful for him in our family!! Happy 1st Birthday, Damon!


*Photos courtesy of Picture This Photography*Remember how I said Damon doesn't like to get dirty? This last picture is proof (the first 2 are proof that he loves to play with cell phones). We tried to get him to smash the cake... once he got frosting on him, he was freaking out and would have nothing to do with the cake.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Damon! I can't believe he's 1. Time does fly.
Post a Comment