Friday, July 18, 2008

Lovebirds Tag

Well, Miss Amy tagged me and told me to get on it, so here I go!

1. Where did you and your husband meet?
Well, we actually grew up in the same ward from the time I was 2 years old until I was 11. Then our wards split and we were separated until I started high school. Chris's mom was my seminary teacher and we went to the same high school and had the same lunch together. So technically we met in seminary/school because we used to both hang out in the "Mormon" spot at lunch time. We started writing letters to each other and passing them back and forth (mind you, I was a freshman and he was a senior at the time) and I was still only 15 so we couldn't really date yet.

2. First thing said?
I have no idea, to be honest. Probably just something in conversation with the rest of our group.

3. First date?
Well, this depends on your perspective I guess. Before he left for his mission, I was still only 16 but my mom agreed to let me go on one date with him. So we went to Disneyland for a day!
But our first date after his mission consisted of him coming over to my house and us looking at pictures and talking about what happened the past 2 years. Then going and getting Chinese food and going to a park but eating it in the car (cause it was cold) and he was so nervous he had forgotten to get us anything to drink. LoL But that night, it seemed like he hadn't even been gone for 2 years, everything just fell back into place like normal! We even kissed!!

4. First kiss?
I'm not good like Amy and I don't remember the date, but I do remember it perfectly. This was pre-mission and we were on our way to a youth dance and we stopped to pick up one of his friends. We had another one of his friends in the back seat and he was like, "uhh...I'm gonna go get some fresh air." And he left. So we were sitting there in this awkward silence and Chris was like, "So are you gonna kiss me or what?" And so we kissed! Just a little peck though, hehe. I was so nervous!!

5. When "I Love You's" were first said:
Honestly, I cannot remember the very first time. I even asked Chris and he can't either! Pretty pathetic huh? I do remember that it took me the longest time to be the one who said it first (and not just I love you too).

6. Long or short courtship/engagement?
Again, it depends on how you look at it. We were goood friends and we liked each other for about a year before he left on his mission. When he came back, we dated for 7 months and then he proposed on July 16, 2005 and we were married November 12, 2005.

7. Where did you get engaged?
Well, here's the story: Initially, I was supposed to work this one weekend but I so was not feeling it so I called in "sick." So on Friday night, Chris picked me up from work and we went to his parents house and I spent the night (separate rooms, people!!) Then we headed to the beach on Saturday. (oh and by the way, I was totally not expecting a proposal at the time because he had told me he wanted to wait for the ring to be ready and it wouldn't be ready until next week sometime). So we hung out at the beach and then he had this brilliant idea to go see the San Diego temple. We drove down there and started walking the grounds, when a Sister missionary came up and was asking us for referrals. Chris thought of one of his friends and he wrote it down for her. Then we walked to this spot on the grounds and sat down and were just talking. The next thing I know, he gets down on one knee and I remember saying, "Oh stop messing around and save it for the real thing." But then when I looked down, he had the ring in his hands! He said, "Will you marry me?" And my eyes filled up with tears and I was speechless, so after a minute he was like, "Well, will you??" And so I said.... "YES!" So we started driving but we were both starving so we stopped at Denny's. Then we went to my parents house first (it was closest) but no one was home, so I left them a note and we started driving to his parents house, where he introduced me to them as his fiance!

8. Where were you married?
We were married in the San Diego temple

9. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Our wedding night was just spent in our apartment, but the next day we went to Vegas for a night. Then we had to work that week so our real honeymoon was the next weekend when we went to Catalina Island and then Solvang and Disneyland!

10. Where did you make your first home?
Our first apartment was a small 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom in Upland, California that we lived in for only 6 months.

Ok, so now I tag Jodi, Nicole, Rebecca, Adri and anyone else who reads this and wants to do it!!

3 comments:

Kurt+Amy said...

Awwww cute story! You guys are cute! -xo-

Jodi Jean said...

awww how fun!! our honeymoon was in catalina too!!

i'm totally gonna do it too.

Jodi Jean said...

i posted mine today ...