Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Family Time

Sorry I have been a blogging slacker lately! There's just lots of stuff going on and my husband is taking advantage of the fact that I "work" for him and is keeping me busy busy busy!


My family came down from Utah for the 4th of July weekend, so I thought I'd give a recap of what we did and share some pictures!


On Friday, the 4th, they got here in the early afternoon and just HAD to go get in-n-out. Then we hung out until we barbecued for dinner and then went to see the fireworks with some friends.


My daddy and his very first grandchild!

My beautiful mommy and I




On Saturday, we went shopping! (Yay, my favorite sport!) We went to Island for my sister's birthday. We took naps, and had Chinese food for dinner.

Shopping at Target (Peyton was being entertained by a puppet)

Me and my sister at Islands




Sunday was partly spent at my brother and sister-in-law's celebrating the blessing of their new baby Brooklyn Grace. I got to hold her and man oh man, I swear that Peyton was never that little! It seems like so long ago!


On Monday we went and saw the movie Hancock (my quick review: it was good because Will Smith was good. Other than that, the story line was very weak and there really wasn't as much action as I was hoping for. And a lot more cussing than I would have liked). We then all went to Boomers and got unlimited wristbands and rode the go-karts, bumper boats, ferris wheel and played mini golf to our hearts content.

Playing mini golf

Daddy and Peyton having too much fun!

Peyton playing one of those car driving games


The final day my family was here, my mom, sister and I went and got our toes done and did a little more shopping. We then went to lunch with some friends, while my dad took my brothers to Chuck E. Cheese. We just kind of hung out at my place the rest of the day, trying to do laundry and get things packed up until we went to dinner with some other friends of ours.
All the siblings!



They left early on Wednesday morning to make the 10-hour trek back to Clinton, UT. They will be missed. Lucky for me, I get to fly up and visit again from August 8-16 while my husband is on his biking trip with the Scouts (they are riding along the coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles is 6 days!)

1 comment:

Jodi Jean said...

how fun for your family to come down and visit!! looks like you had a blast!