Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Countdown Begins


(I wish I had a better picture, but it's hard to get all of me and my big ol belly in so I have to wait until Chris has some time to take pictures of me :) ) So the countdown begins! I am now 29 weeks and have 11 weeks to go! It's crazy how fast it's gone by! I still feel totally unprepared! I have my hubby and I signed up for a whole bunch of classes that I am really looking forward to though. We are signed up for the usual hospital tour and lamaze class, but I also signed us up for a breasfeeding class (ok, more for me than for him), and infant care class and an infant CPR class. I sounds kind of obsessive huh? Haha I know it will be totally different when she's finally here, but in my mind, the more I can learn and know now, the better. I am so glad that my mom will be coming down for about a week or so after she is born. I would feel totally helpless bringing a newborn home, like "Now what?" LoL
I really can't complain because overall I have had an amazingly easy pregnancy, but I am starting to really feel pregnant and it's not so fun anymore. : / My ankles and feet keep getting swollen and it is so ugly and I hate it. I want to wear pants all the time but it is so hot, that at the same time, I don't want to!! I am grateful I work in a nice air conditioned office all day though! Sleep has been harder and harder to get. I am up every night at least once (usually more) to go to the bathroom and I just get so uncomfortable that I wake up and I am constantly changing sides all night. I have a body pillow and that helps a little bit, but not a whole lot. My face is still breaking out, which sucks, but hopefully it will go away after my little one is here. I am constantly thinking about how badly I want to lose all this weight after she is born, and that makes me depressed now because I can't really do anything about it for awhile longer. My back has started aching more and more, and I am constantly having to get up and work and try to stretch it out because it hurts even after sitting down for awhile. Ugh. But those are all of my complaints! So glad I can get it out here, now maybe I'll complain less to my hubby!! :)
I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that in 11 weeks, my whole life will change and it will never be just the two of us until we are old and all our kids are moved out!! It's so crazy to think about.
I would write about my life, but I have a pretty boring life to be honest. LoL Being pregnant is the most exciting thing really! Work is just work. My last day is November 2nd, and I cannot wait to get out of there! I think I started counting the days and there are like 45 more working days or something, haha. My calling at church is still the Young Women's secretary and the Beehive advisor (so I guess I mean callings). Same old is happening there! Other than that, I don't do much but keep the apartment clean and read and do random stuff here! Pathetic, I know! But it's hard because Chris has been working a lot and so I try to keep myself occupied!
I guess this is kind of interesting. This guy at my work who has 5 kids (and he's only 25!!) all ages 1-7 told me the other day that I shouldn't complain about work because only a couple more months and I would be going on a nice long "vacation". Vacation????? I would call it anything but that! I thought that with him having 5 kids he would realize that raising children is no vacation, but maybe he means because I only have 1 right now, I don't know. It just got me thinking about how people think that being a stay at home mom is so easy and that it has lost a lot of credit and there are so few moms who are fortunate enough to stay home nowadays. I am extremely thankful my hubby is so willing to work so hard so that he can provide enough for our whole family and I can stay home and raise the kids. He is so sweet and said he would work 3 jobs if he had to just so I could stay home. (awww!) I have been thinking about doing something where I can make money at home. A friend of mine sells ModBe clothing. It's an online clothing company that sells modest clothes and bathing suits for women and little girls. All she does is online orders and she doesn't even do the whole part where she hosts parties and she makes a little extra money on the side, so I might do something like that. We'll see.

No comments: