Saturday, June 30, 2007

20 weeks and counting...


So right now I am 20 weeks pregnant. The halfway mark. I still can't believe it. It's so weird I have this big ol belly, and I feel my little girl moving around all the time, but it's like I still haven't accepted the fact that I am pregnant and in 20 more weeks I will be a mom to a baby girl!!! My mind just doesn't want to comprehend it or something, I don't know.

I really have had a wonderful pregnancy overall. The only compaints I have are the breakouts!! Yuck, that has been the worst part. I have not even been wanting to take pictures of myself because I think I look horrible. Other than that, I have had leg cramps a couple of times and lately my ankles have been getting a little swollen, but other than that, I have been symptom free pretty much.

And I have been doing a ton of reading lately (about being pregnant and about babies in the first year) and I feel like I have learned SOOO much but at the same time, I am sooo confused!! haha The thing that sucks is that I don't really have any close friends who are pregnant or who have been there, done that, that I can talk to! And I know there are people I could call, but I am so bad at being very much of a phone person. Ugh. I just need to get over it.

Other than being pregnant, there really isn't much going on. I am just working my 40 hours a week as a receptionist and dreaming of the day I get to stay home. I have started doing all of Chris's administrative work for his business and it seems like it will work out really well. I don't think we'll have a problem with money at all, but it always worries me. It would be a whole lot easier if my family were close, so then if I had to work, I could leave my baby with family and not with a sitter. Like I said, I don't think I need to worry about it, but I do. I really do miss my family too and it has gotten a lot worse since I found out I was pregnant. I didn't have the best relationship with my mom growing up, but now we have this wonderful relationship and it's just hard with her being so far away. She even told me the other day that her biggest regret moving was leaving me behind, but they knew it was right, and they did it. I think I might want to move up there someday, who knows. The way California is going, I am afraid for my kids to go to school here. But I have awhile left to worry about that.

No comments: