Yesterday sucked. Actually, the past 4 days have been no fun. I caught a cold somehow, Peyton and Damon got a mild version of it as well and even Bridget joined in with a slightly stuffy nose!
But yesterday was bad. It started with Damon waking me up waaay too early (and me still feeling not so good). Already a bad omen, right? Despite that, I was determined to get out. So I attempted Hobby Lobby and the grocery store with all 3 kids in tow. For the first time ever. It did not go well.
Damon threw a fit in Hobby Lobby because he had to be in the cart the whole time. If he's not, he'll run away. He was only quiet for a few minutes when he was chewing on cardboard. Ew.
Then once we got to the car, I noticed that the white t-shirt I was planning on buying was sitting on Bridget's car seat...unpaid for. I had set it there and it blended so well with the blanket that I literally just walked out with it. (Don't worry, I went back later, alone, to pay for it, but there was NO WAY I was going back with all 3 kids in tow).
So then I decided to run into the grocery store. I only needed about 4 things. Damon almost ate an unpaid for banana. (Anyone else noticing a theme yet?)
When I got home, I botched 2 different batches of cupcakes. Folks, let me hang my head in shame here as I add that they were BOXED mixes. Seriously. And I messed them up.
I was defeated. But I realized that it could have been much worse and I am still here to try again another day.
Here's to hoping today is a better day!
(I realize I am way behind on photo of the day. I will get around to posting those!!)

1 comment:
Shopping with kids is no easy feat. In fact, it just down right sucks. Just be firm about the shopping cart. i have always put my kids in the cart and they are just used to it. They fight me when it's time to get in but after that, no problem. It makes shopping SOOOO much easier than having to yell at them every 2 minutes to tell them to keep up with you. Been there, done that as well. You'll get used to it eventually, good luck! No one is perfect, and I'm sure you're super busy with 3 kids to keep track of the cupcakes. It happens, and yes, it's a new day!
Post a Comment