At Momma Go Round, Nina does a Real Momma, Real Style linky party every week. She encourages us to try new things and step out of the box as far as fashion goes. I'm trying, but I don't have much to work with so here we go.
This is the outfit I wore to a baby shower this past week. Yes, I know it is summer and yes, I do realize I am wearing black. Like I said, mostly neutral clothing so just work with me here.
Dress and belt: Forever 21, Leggings and shoes: Target, Flower accessory: made it myself!
That flower is actually a headband that I wrapped around my braid about 10 times to make it into a ponytail. Let me re-state that I really, Really, REALLY hate pictures of myself. I can take about 50 and find MAYBE 1 that I am OK with. This is my hubby snapping a pic of me before I went out the door. Hopefully, I can get more comfortable in front of the camera because let me tell you, this was NOT easy.
Again, like I said, not a fashionista, not a make-up artist, not a hairdresser. Just a mom who tries to rock what she got!
6 comments:
so cute! love that look and love the use of the flower headband!
Awh... I think you are very photogenic! I know what you mean about not feeling very comfortable in front of the camera, I am the same way! I also need to take about 5o pictures before I find one that I am ok with :)
Anyway, Im following you now, I found your blog from reading the Real Momma, Real Style" blog post.
~meg~
I think you always look great, and you are beautiful! You're also very photogenic :) Doesn't necessarily help with your personal comfort level I know, but I still thought you should know. ~Shelly
you look so cute! the outfit is super cute and perfect for summer and winter. i love the dress, belt, leggings combo. it's really flattering on you too!
Hi Amanda! Great pic and I'm glad you joined the linkup.
Followed you here from RMRS...
Jeanine
My "Real Momma" Post
are you kidding? you look super cute! i would totally wear that outfit! aaaaaaand i do the ol' wrap a flower headband a bajillion times around a ponytail or braid to make it a cute accessory! I have 4 girls, it's called tools of the trade!! hahaha!
hillary
Post a Comment