Blueberry Muffins (courtesy of Rookie Cookie)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries (or one 6 oz container)
Sugar, for sprinkling on top (use whatever sugar you want. White, brown, turbinado)
Set oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or spray the pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together with sour cream, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Stir butter mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Batter will be thick.
Divide the batter among muffin cups and sprinkle on about 1/4 tsp of sugar on top of each muffin. Bake for 20 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Yields 12 muffins or 6 jumbo muffins

*Image by Rookie Cookie
1 comment:
I was just looking at a completely different blog and Natalie came up to me and said, "I love Peyton so much and I love her and I wish that she could come and we could go swimming together because that was so fun!"
Now she wants to type: d f ghmkk
Post a Comment