Friday, February 21, 2014

Running

I have recently started running. It's something I never thought I would do, but I am really learning to love it. I trained for a 5k, and now I am training for a 10k. Once that is complete, I will be training for a half marathon! Now that is just crazy to me. I am definitely not a fast runner, and I am sure my run is more like another person's jog, but I still do it. After about 3 weeks, I thought of the great idea to start keeping track of my mileage. Kind of like a journal in a way. Over the course of a little over a month, I have logged 118 miles! That is seriously crazy to me! And I have even doubled my mileage and my time running. 

I have learned what a mental game that running is. Most of the time I find that I have to talk myself into finishing! My mind definitely gives up before my legs do. I still can't even imagine one day being able to run 13.1 miles, but I couldn't imagine running almost 6 miles a month ago either! Just goes to show what you can do when you try.
 

3 comments:

Roundy Clan said...

Great idea! I'm gonna start logging my miles too. I don't remember what I did last week so I'll just start from this week. I told myself I was gonna try starting March 1st to do the 10k challenge. I figured then it wouldn't be child abuse to put Kayla in a stroller every morning and run with her because it should be a little warmer. haha We'll see. So glad you are enjoying running!

Unknown said...

Well Said! It's amazing what the body can accomplish once the mind is on board!

aLLi&tOmMy said...

Very inspiring. Way to go manda. keep it up.